I was just speaking with one of our music community members out in Canada and we were planning a strategy to help him break into the U.S Music market using internet radio like A.V.A Live Radio. Although you may not be aware there are thousands of internet radio shows bursting at the seems with online listeners seeking everything from new indie music in specific genres, to how to be a song writer, to becoming a better Mom. The topics are vastly diversified and new content is being created and consumed every hour. Many of the stations/ podcasts have thousands, or even millions of listeners and the content they create stays available online for ever mapping out it’s own piece of internet real estate.
As an artist, you want to take advantage of that open avenue that can deliver your music right into the ears of listeners within your sub-niche. Not only that, but most of the shows have web sites, like we do here at A.V.A Live Radio that will host your photo’s and buy music links for the listeners to easily find you. I talk alot about how to do this, what to look for when selecting stations and how to approach them in the A.V.A Musicians Workbook coming out this fall. Be sure to get on the mailing list so you won’t miss the launch of this amazing workbook that walks you through the step by step daily routines of developing your music career and building a strong, supportive and engaged fan base. Signup now: http://eepurl.com/vKMbX
Who is ready to plan an internet radio tour?
You should only spend time on promotional things once you have the following things in order:
1) Your music is perfect with quality recordings and at least one album released and ready to sell.
2) You have a smashing web site with your own .com for people to visit
3) You have set up at least one social media account in your band name (ie. twitter, facebook, reverbnation)
4) You have a mailing list established with a service like (wordpress or mail chimp) and the signup is front and center on your web site and all social media pages.
5) You have carefully thought out what you would like to say and how you can quickly and easily deliver your message when you are interviewed. This should include who you are as an artists, your latest news, upcoming tour, video or music release and your web site/ social media pages.
I hope I got you thinking more about internet radio and why it is an important avenue for you to consider, cultivate and add to your PR schedule. – Jacqueline Jax (Host of www.AvALiveRadio.com)
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: