Fashion Friday Starting and Marketing an Online Fashion Design Brand
Good morning AvA live radio fans, this is Jacqueline Jax your host here on this beautiful south Florida morning. Its Fashion Friday so I’m going to send you into a fabulous weekend with some fashion food for thought. This is the very first episode of a series I’m doing here on A.V.A Live Radio designated to educate you and offer you insights into the many facates of the Fashion industry. Each Friday I’ll be focusing on hot topics such as Fashion Design, industry news, fashion blogging, merchandising, photography, marketing and advertising.
Get your notebooks out and a cup coffee so you can spend 15 minutes with me for today’s helpful topic.
If you ever miss my live show, catch the episodes on the replay by going to our main web site avaliveradio.com or on iTunes to listen in later and don’t forget to subscribe before you leave me today
I’m posting a quick outline of things you need to start researching as you begin your own fashion story and I’ll be going over all these concepts and so much more every Friday on this show.
1) Discovering what your best at and what you have a passion for
2) Buy a domain name- check that it’s available on all social media platform to do a fictitious name search
3) Research your business license
4) Research to find your niche in the industry
5) Start thinking about your fashion vision and what you would like to convey with your brand. Specifically how your going to connect with buyers in your niche through your designs and marketing online marketing campaign.
LINKS TO LOVE:
– www.JaxCouture.com– bringing you a fresh perspective on fashion news, culture and lifestyle topics including Weekly wardrobe inspiration and more in depth coverage pieces from the Jax Report.
– www.BlondiBeach.com – is a Lifestyle blog dedicated to elevating the everyday life through travel, dining, health, diet, fitness, fashion style and beauty. Blogger and fashion designer for www.Blondibeachwear.com and www.jackiesboutique.com Jacqueline Jax captures the hearts of thousands with her winsome charm and luxurious resort lifestyle. Jacqueline’s consistently updated and alluringly photographed coastal looks and style ideas make this fashion and lifestyle blog a must subscribe for any woman.
– www.JacquelineJax.com – keep up to date on the latest going on behind the scenes of our host with her #DayintheLifeBlog.
BOOKS: The right reading material is very important. Here are some books I have enjoyed reading on today’s topic.
– Starting an Online Business For Dummies (sold here)
-Start Your Own Business, Fifth Edition: The Only Start-Up Book You’ll Ever Need (Sold here)
-The Fashion Designer Survival Guide, Revised and Expanded Edition: Start and Run Your Own Fashion Business (sold here)
– The Business of Fashion: Designing, Manufacturing and Marketing (sold here)